Monday 22 August, 6.30pm-7.30pm (Lady Chapel)
Sound bathing is an ancient practice that involves participants being ‘bathed’ in sound waves, which aims to promote mental wellbeing by encouraging you to relax and release stress and anxiety.
This summer, we’ll be running sound bathing sessions on certain dates throughout July and August in the magnificent surroundings of the Cathedral, either in the Quire or Lady Chapel. We’ll provide movement mats so that you can make yourself comfortable, and all there is to do is sit back and relax as you listen to the music around you.
The soundtrack for these sessions has been specially composed by a member of our Visitor Operations Team, Jay Waddington, who is a successful music producer. It features sounds from around the Cathedral – such as the tolling bell, bird song and our stonemasons at work – and the resulting piece is mesmerising.
Listen to a snippet of the soundtrack here:Listen
You may wish to pray or reflect as you listen, taking in the glory of your surroundings as you do so.
These sessions are open to all ages, and you are welcome to stay for as much or as little of the session as you like. However, for the evening sessions please arrive by 6.35pm as the Cathedral gate will be closed. No booking is required.
· Monday 25 July, 6.30-7.30pm, Lady Chapel
· Wednesday 27 July, 2-3.15pm, Lady Chapel
· Wednesday 3 August, 2.30-3.15pm, Quire
· Monday 8 August, 6.30-7.30pm, Lady Chapel
· Wednesday 10 August, 2.30-3.15pm, Lady Chapel
· Wednesday 17 August, 2.30-3.15pm, Quire
· Monday 22 August, 6.30-7.30pm, Lady Chapel
· Wednesday 24 August, 2.30-3.15pm, Lady Chapel
· Wednesday 31 August, 2.30-3.15pm, Lady Chapel
- August 22, 2022
- Opening times
- Monday 22 August 6.30pm-7.30pm
- Lady Chapel 12 College GreenGloucesterGL1 2LX
- Booking not required