banner-photo

Medieval Stained Glass

Gloucester Cathedral’s Great East Window is situated in the Quire behind the high altar and dominates the very heart of the Cathedral. In fact, it is as big as a tennis court! Installed in the early 1350’s, the window is one of the greatest landmarks of English medieval glass.

More medieval glass survives in the Lady Chapel. The east window is made up of medieval fragments gathered from elsewhere in the Cathedral and put back in 1801.


Stained Glass
Webpage icon Arts & Crafts
Webpage icon Heraldic Glass
Webpage icon The Twentieth and Twenty-First Century
Webpage icon Victorian Glass